Within MindSphere, you can use the Cross-Tenancy functionality to share data between two independent MindSphere tenants. This functionality supports the customers and service providers to create a collaboration for data exchange as a base for data driven business models.
For example, the maintenance of an asset or the sharing of asset configurations between different tenants. While sharing an asset, the Cross-Tenancy function creates a copy of static asset data. The copy gets the same ID as the original asset. The dynamic asset data is not copied.
It is possible to change the static data (like name, description, geo-location) of a shared asset, although the changes are not propagated back to the original asset. Also the changes made on the original asset after a sharing is completed are not applied to the copy.
The data is transferred as follows:
- Static data: All static data is copied.
- Inherited static data: Inherited static data is not copied, that leads to auto-changing of this data.
- Dynamic data: Dynamic data is not copied. Instead you can retrieve the original dynamic data of the shared asset.
You can request collaborations with other tenants in Settings application. This gives you the opportunity to share your data in MindSphere with other tenants by using the Cross-Tenancy functionality. For more information about how to create a collaboration, refer to the Settings documentation.
As soon as the collaboration is established, both tenants will be able to share various types of selected data based on assets via the Asset Manager application. For more information about the concept and how to share an asset, refer the Asset Manager documentation.
Each action of data sharing requires an active approval or rejection by the receiving tenant. Within a collaboration, the sharing tenant always remains the only and exclusive owner of the shared data.
Asset Manager and Fleet Manager support the Cross-Tenancy shared asset function. The apps show shared assets with a sharing-icon. For example, you can display the aggregates data from the shared asset in the Aspects extension.
For more information about how to develop Cross-Tenancy-Aware application, refer to the HowTo section.
The following restrictions currently apply when using Cross-Tenancy functionality:
- Cross-Tenancy is only available for TenantAdmins.
- Sharing assets is only possible if a collaboration exists.
- Shared assets cannot be shared again from receiver point.
- Sharing of assets derived from
core.basicagentis not supported.
- Core plugins (such as MindConnectNano, MindConnectLib) on shared assets are not visible.
- Only single asset sharing is available.
- Shared assets cannot be moved below "normal assets".
core.sharerenterpriseassets cannot be updated.
- It is not possible to update, delete the shared types and aspects by receiver and sharer tenant.
- Asset instances cannot be created from shared types.
- Sharing is an asynchronous process and therefore takes some time.
- The extensions Events, Files, Rules and custom Fleet Manager plugins are not yet supported.
- While using asset sharing, sharing of agent assets and updating or deleting
core.sharerenterprisetype asset must be avoided.
- Shared asset IDs are not yet supported by the following Web Components:
For more information see Web Components documentation.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.