"Services" provides information about purchased limits and used limits of metrics with respect to plans associated with the tenant. On analyzing the status of metrics, users can manage or upgrade their plans. If the customers are nearing or exceeding the metrics usage, an email notification will be sent with information about the usages and how to upgrade the metrics.
Email notifications are sent based on the following usages of the metrics:
- 90% of allowed usage
- 100% of allowed usage
- More than 100 % of allowed usage
After sending an email notification for more than 100% of allowed usage, 30 days of grace period is provided to purchase an upgrade for the metric. If the metric is not upgraded even after the 30 days period, a final notice email is sent with an additional grace period of 7 days. After that if the metric is still not upgraded or usage capacity of the affected services is not reduced, MindSphere intends to exercise its contractual right to suspend access to the affected services.
The following table shows the color codes to describe the status of the metrics usage:
|Color Code||Metrics usage (%)|
|Green||Less than 80 percent of allowed usage|
|Yellow||Between 80 to 100 percent of allowed usage|
|Red||More than 100 percent of allowed usage|
Update of the usage data will appear only after receiving the usages from the application.
Update of usage data is performed daily at UTC 0:00. During this, there will be a time delay to display the usage data on the UI. For more information on the time delay, refer to the table below:
|Metric name (measurement unit)||Approximate Time Delay (hours)|
|- Asset Instances (Count) |
- Asset Types (Count)
- File Storage (GB)
- Agents (count)
- Events (Count)
- Events Type (Count)
- PL Compute Hours (Hours)
- Notifications Count (Count)
- PL Data Storage (GB)
- Users (Count)
- Subtenants (Count)
- Advanced KPI IoT timeseries count (count)
|- IDL Data Read (GB) |
- IDL Data Write (GB)
- IDL Write Operations (Count)
- IDL Read Operations (Count)
|- IDL Data Storage Space (GB) |
- IDL Objects Stored (Count)
- IDL maximum number of search operations (Count)
|- Time Series Storage (GB) |
- Rules Quota (Count)
- VFC Compute Hours per month (Hours)
- Advanced KPI IDL query execution datavolume (GB)
- Visual Explorer Creator Users (count)
- Visual Explorer Viewer Users (count)
- MindConnect IoT Extension data ingest per actual month (MB)
|- IDL Data Retrieval Volume (GB) |
- IDL Data Retrieval Operations (Count)
- IDL Data Archival Operations (Count)
- IDL Data Archival Volume (GB)
Viewing metric status¶
To view the metric status of the tenant, in the navigation pane, click "Services".
In the "Services" tab, purchased limits and used limits of all the metrics are displayed. Each metric name is followed by its measurement unit displayed in parentheses. For the subscribers of capabilty packages, the usage data shown in the "Services" tab is the sum of all the test tenants data.
① Search field
② "Plan Info" button shows limits and usage details of the plans and the metrics
③ You can add a comment for later reference
④ Displays the historic data of the metric
- "Time series data ingest rate" metric is displayed for both tenant and asset with the update cycle of 15 minutes and has a 35 minutes delay. For example, data from 10:45 will be available at 11:20.
- "Time series data ingest rate per asset" provides the metric details in a table containing "Asset Name", "Asset Id", "Data Ingest", "Unit" details.
- It is possible to view the hourly data in the Services Dashboard. Currently, only the hourly data of Timeseries Ingest metric is shown on the Services dashboard.
- For the subscribers of resource packages, if the packages are provisioned to test tenants within the same SoldTo, then the purchased limit for all tenants within that SoldTo are visible on details tab.
- For the migration of legacy MindSphere customers to a new offering structure, the Asset-Attribute parameter is crucial. Hence the Asset-Attribute metric is displayed on all the legacy tenants without impacting the ongoing plan or the billing.
For more information on our new offerings, please visit MindSphere Store or connect with your MindSphere Sales partner”.
The "Plan info" button displays the individual offering's limits and quantity information of each metrics. The details of "Quantity" and "Limit" for each offering of the chosen metrics are displayed in this section. The total value of the plan as a whole is calculated by multiplying the quantity and the limit value of each offering.
In the example shown below, the metric has three offerings with 4,7,3 units of quantities and 100,0,1000 units of limits respectively. The Total value is calculated by adding the multiplied values of quantity and limits from each offering (4*100+7*0+3*1000).
This feature is not available for subscribers of Capability Packages.
Currently, you can purchase upgrade for the following metrics:
- Asset Types
- Asset Instances
- Rules Quota
- Timeseries Storage
- Visual Explorer Viewer Users
- Visual Explorer Creator Users
- VFC Compute Hours
To purchase an upgrade for a metric, follow these steps:
- In the navigation pane, click "Services".
- Click "Upgrade" for the metric you want to upgrade. You are directed to the "Upgrade" application.
- Purchase the upgrade. For more information, refer the Upgrade manual.
After the purchase, click "Back to previous app" to navigate back to the "Usage Transparency" application.
The purchased upgrades are added to the list of services in the "Offerings" page.
Viewing historic usage status of metrics¶
The history usage status of the metrics can be viewed either on "Hourly" or "Monthly" basis.
To view the history of usage status of metrics, follow these steps:
- In the navigation pane, click "Services".
- Select the metric of your choice and click
- Select the tenant of your choice.
The metric data for the selected tenant will be displayed.
- Select "Hourly" or "Monthly" as per the requirement.
The purchased limits and used limits of all the metrics with the hourly or monthly data of the tenant are displayed as per the selection. Each metric name is followed by its measurement unit displayed in parentheses.
- To view the status of metrics for a specific month, select the month of your choice in the month picker drop down.
① Displays the Hourly data of the metric
② Displays the monthly data of the metric
③ List of all the tenants with the consumpation data of the selected metric
④ Month picker to select the required month
⑤ "Export" button creates a .csv file containing the usage status data
- Test tenants are available only for the subscribers of the capability packages.
- Daily aggregated data of "Time series data ingest rate per asset" is available for the last 3 months and up to 7 days data can be retrieved at a time with the latest data from the previous day. The data is available only for export.
- Usage Transparency service aggregates the usage data of one hour and displays this usage data with the timestamp of the next hour. For example: Usage data from 23:00 to 23:59:59 hours of a day will be displayed as 0:00 hours of the next day.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.