"Applications" allows the users to analyze the usage and provides transparency on the selected metrics usage of the application as per the rules configured for the operator applications. This chapter provides information on how to view the metrics usage of the applications sent for billing. On analyzing the metrics usage, users can monitor and control the metrics usage.
The following screenshot shows "Applications" user interface for the application operators:
-Rule is a usage metric of an application. Rule enables the application to send usages to UTS and helps to configure the aggregation method to be applied based on the billing model.
-Active rules accept usages and inactive rules do not accept usages for billing.
The "Applications" section supports the below mentioned roles:
- Application Operators: Assign the metric units to application users and view the metric usage data.
- Application Users: View the metric usage data sent for billing.
Assigning the metric units¶
For the application users to view the billing data, application operator has to assign the metric units to application users.
Follow these steps to assign the metric units from application operator to application users:
- Click "Applications" in the navigation pane.
The "Applications" section appears with a list of applications hosted in the tenant.
- Select the application and click in the preview section.
In the search box, enter the application name, select it, and then click .
!!! Note If the required application is not available in the list, contact the support team.
- Select the rule and click
- Click "Change Assignments". Application operators can also edit the metric "Unit Display Name" for the application users.
Once the Unit Display Name is modified, the rule (metric unit) will be inactive for a minimum of 30 minutes and usages sent during this timeframe will not be accepted and cannot be considered for billing. Hence, ensure to update the display name only during non-business hours.
- Select the tenants you want to assign the metric unit.
In the search box, enter the tenant name, and then select it.
- Click "Save".
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.