To upgrade to the Basic Starter Package, proceed with the following steps:
- Login to your Start for free tenant, and click the "Upgrade" app in the Launchpad.
- In the "Home" page, click "Bring your data to the next level".
- In the "Upgrades" tab, click "Upgrade".
The services and quotas included in Start for Free and the Basic Starter Package are visible in the "Upgrades" tab. For more information, refer to the below "Offering Overview" section in this page.
- In the "Product Details" page, the billing cycle, subscription term and applicable fees are displayed. Verify the details and click "Next".
- Enter your company details in the Registration form.
Based on the information you have entered during registration for Start for Free, few fields in the Registration form are prefilled.
Verify the correctness of the fields and click "Next".
To change the prefilled information, it is possible to amend/change them except the authorized technical person, which is you. This field cannot be changed during upgrade. If you need to change it, you will be able change after the upgrade has been completed by raising a Support Center ticket.
6.The "Order Review" page incorporates the ordering information including all T&C, for more information, refer to MindSphere Terms & Conditions. It includes your account details and sets forth the ordered services and respective fees are displayed. It is recommended to read the details displayed. Thereafter, accept the Contract Formation and click "Next".
After processing is complete, “Welcome to MindSphere!” pop-up appears. Click “Go to Launchpad and explore MindSphere" to access and explore the Basic Starter Package.
"Basic Starter Package" services information¶
Basic Starter Package provides the following services:
|Agent diagnostic||Agent diagnostic is an application from MindSphere. It enables you to monitor agents, which are located on MindSphere devices, such as MindConnect Nano. |
For more details, refer to Agent Diagnostic.
|Asset Manager||Asset Manager is upgraded with the below offerings in the Basic Starter Package: |
- Each tenant will have 6 users, 3 asset types and 10 asset instances.
|Dashboard Viewer||Dashboard Viewer is an application from MindSphere. It enables you to access the dashboards created by the users in your tenant. |
For more details, refer to Dashboard Viewer.
|Developer Cockpit||Developer Cockpit is upgraded with the below offerings in the Basic Starter Package: |
- You can create self-hosted applications using MindSphere data and services.
- Maximum 30 applications can be created.
- Application credentials will be valid for 30 days, by default in the Basic Starter Package.
In Basic Starter Package, you can create Standard, Fleet Manager Plugin, Mobile and API applications.
- Application credentials created in "Start for Free" account is still valid for 48 hours after upgrading to the Basic Starter Package.
- Applications created in the Start for Free will also be available in the Basic Starter Package.
|Fleet Manager||Fleet Manager is upgraded with the below offerings in the Basic Starter Package: |
- You can create 5 rules within the quota limit and will get a message to upgrade when you exceed the quota limit.
|Mendix||"Basic Starter Package" also allows you to use MindSphere data and services and run a low-code application on Mendix. Single sign-in integration of application is allowed between the Mendix and MindSphere system.|
|Operations Insight||Operations Insight is upgraded Basic Starter Package comes with |
- 5 rules: Rules will not be automatically deactivated anymore.
- 5 (simple) KPIs: KPI calculation will not be automatically deactivated anymore.
|Settings||Settings is an application from MindSphere. It handles the user management of MindSphere and the settings of your tenant. It allows you to customize the provider information in your tenant and create further subtenants. |
For more details, refer to Settings.
|Usage Transparency||Usage Transparency service is an application from MindSphere. It gathers various consumption metrics in MindSphere. |
For more details, refer to Usage Transparency service.
|Visual Analyzer||Visual Analyzer is an application of MindSphere. It is an easy-to-use basic analytics application of time series data and assists you to gain deeper insights into your production system and machine performance. |
"Basic Starter Package" users also have the following scope of services:
- You can create your own visualizations based on groups, variables and time offset.
- The "old" version of Visual Analyzer is not available to "Basic Starter Package" users.
|Visual Flow Creator||Visual Flow Creator is upgraded with the below offerings in the Basic Starter Package: |
- The compute capacity for flows is set to 3 hours per month.
The offerings available with "Start for Free" and "Basic Starter Package" are as defined in the below table:
|Resource Packages: IIoT Data Package||Start for Free (Explore MindSphere for free)||Basic Starter Package (Unlock the full potential of IIoT)|
|Data ingest rate||0.1 KB/s||0.5 KB/s|
|Data storage volume||1 GB (Retention limited to 30 days)||15 GB (Unlimited retention)|
|File storage||2 GB (Retention limited to 30 days)||12.5 GB (Unlimited retention)|
|Compute hours for Visual Flow Creator, KPI Management & Dashboarding||2.1 hours / month||3 hours / month|
|Notifications||-||1.000 e-mail notifications p. month |
100.000 push notifications p. month
|Application Developer Resources||Start for Free||Basic Starter Package|
|Token Manager||150 API calls / month||150 API calls / minute|
|App Credentials||Valid for 48 hours||Valid for 30 days|
|Services available via APIs||Limited to APIs and authorized limits listed in||Limited to APIs and authorized limits listed in the|
|the Product Sheet||Product Sheet|
|IIoT Capabilities||Start for Free||Basic Starter Package|
|Productive IoT account||No (non-productive)||Yes|
|Onboarding, managing & configuration of assets||Yes||Yes|
|Comparison of Time Series Data||Yes||Yes|
|Root Cause Analyzer||Yes||Yes|
|KPI Management||Yes||Yes (extended functionality)|
|Dashboarding||Yes||Yes (extended functionality)|
|Collaborative low-code / no-code / codeful application development||Yes (self-hosted)||Yes (self-hosted. Other hosting options on-demand)|
|System tools||Asset Manager, Upgrade Tool||Agent Diagnostic, Asset Manager, Settings, Upgrade Tool, Usage Transparency Service|
|User Types||Start for Free||Basic Starter Package|
|Asset Attributes||Start for Free||Basic Starter Package|
|Add Ons||Start for Free||Basic Starter Package|
|Grow as you go (Upgrade)||Non-expandable||Expandable|
|Support||Start for Free||Basic Starter Package|
|Customer Service Center Access||No||Yes|
The following are the limitations in full version:
- The resource consumption values in the Usage Transparency app can take up to 4 hours to update and reflect the real consumption. An exception are metric values for registered applications. These values will be updated as soon as the required account identifiers have been associated to your Basic Starter Package. The Account identifiers “SoldTo ID” and “Install ID” will be made available to you via e-mail, in your Upgrade tool and in OS bar.
- The Upgrade tool does not display the whole Upgrade Catalog until the required account identifiers “SoldTo ID” and “Install ID” have been associated to your Basic Starter Package. In Upgrade Catalog, displays all the products but purchasing a product is still not possible.
- The Upgrade tool does not show the correct subscription term until the order has been associated to your Basic Starter Package by us. This processing may take up to several days.
- Users with "Developer Admin" role are able to access Settings from Launchpad but will not be able to see any functionality. This behavior will be fixed in upcoming releases.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.