31st March 2023 (Europe 1)¶
We have worked hard to deliver a great experience. These release notes are relevant for Remote Services release by March 2023 and include new and adjusted features or fixed issues. If you find other issues, please give us your feedback by contacting our Support.
- The new product name is Remote Services (RS). User interface and documentation have been updated accordingly.
- Former "Engineering Option" and "Data & Server Option" extensions are now part of the basic subscription to the Remote Services application and included per default.
- "Service Tunnel" will no longer be charged and are included per default in the basic Remote Services subscription.
- Product resource of "Service Asset" was renamed to "Service Devices" to better distinguish between data-centric assets and connection-centric devices.
- Rarely used functionalities of "IPsec tunnels" and "Browser-based remote login" were de-activated. Please use provided and easier to setup Web-Socket-Tunnels instead of IPsec. Please use native remote login instead of functionally restricted browser-based login.
System Requirements for Remote Services (RS)¶
Browser-based access to Remote Services App¶
- Microsoft Windows ® 10 version 1909: Google ChromeTM (version 68 or newer)
- recommended screen resolution: 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 with zoom level 100%
Requirements for service personnel's PCs hosting RS Service Endpoint (former Operator Client) as entry point for network-to-network access¶
- Service Endpoint (Operator Client) can be downloaded from RS
- Processor: x64 (Intel or AMD)
- Recommended screen / resolution: 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 with zoom level 100%*
- Disk space occupied by Service Endpoint: 32MB
Validated Operating Systems and Browsers
- Microsoft Windows ® 10 or 11
- Linux ® Debian 9 - x64
- Linux® Debian 10 - x86 or x64
- Linux ® RedHat 7.6 - x64
- Google Chrome TM version 68 or newer
Requirements for accessed devices hosting RS Device Endpoint (former Device Client) as end point for network-to-network access¶
- Device Endpoint (Device Client) can be downloaded from RS
- Processor: x86 or x64 (Intel or AMD) or ARM64
- disk space occupied by Device Endpoint: 32MB
Validated Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows ® 10 Version 1909
- Linux ® Debian 9 - x64
- Linux® Debian 10 - x86 or x64 or ARM64
- Linux® RedHat 7.6 - x64
- RS UI V.2 might display error messages while switching roles from "Tenant Admin" to "Regional Tenant Admin" or vice versa when working on "Protocol Applications". Please perform the role switch outside "Protocol Application" menu.
- It is recommended to have "Lock Connectivity" targeting an entire site deactivated when working on the related Service Asset to ensure its proper setup.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.