13th January 2023 (Europe 1)¶
We have worked hard to deliver a great MindSphere experience. These release notes are relevant for MindSphere release by January 2023 and include new and adjusted features or fixed issues. If you find other issues, please give us your feedback by contacting our MindSphere Support.
MindSphere Remote Service¶
- MindAccess IoT Value Plan
- MindSphere Packaging and Pricing
- Device Endpoints and Service Endpoints are now available for 32bit x86 and ARM64 systems and further operating systems.
- Network and firewall setup in user documentation section "appendix for experts" was improved.
- User documentation section "appendix for experts" now outlines capabilities of Device Endpoint versions and how to perform a manual remote update of Device Endpoints.
- Superseded user role of "Remote Power User" and related "on-demand devices" were removed.
- Connection handling reliability was improved.
- User roles of "Tenant Administrator" and "Regional Tenant Administrator" do not expire anymore to avoid unexpected access restriction.
Most functional extensions of MindSphere Remote Service become only available under new MindSphere packaging and pricing. So reach out to your Sales representative to have your subscription to IOT value plan upgraded accordingly.
System Requirements for MindSphere Remote Service (MRS)¶
Browser-based access to MindSphere Remote Services App on MindSphere¶
- Microsoft Windows ® 10 version 1909: Google ChromeTM (version 68 or newer)
- recommended screen resolution: 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 with zoom level 100%
Requirements for service personnel's PCs hosting MRS Service Endpoint (former Operator Client) as entry point for network-to-network access¶
- Service Endpoint (Operator Client) can be downloaded from MRS
- Processor: x64 (Intel or AMD)
- Recommended screen / resolution: 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 with zoom level 100%*
- Disk space occupied by Service Endpoint: 32MB
Validated Operating Systems and Browsers
- Microsoft Windows ® 10 or 11
- Linux ® Debian 9 - x64
- Linux® Debian 10 - x86 or x64
- Linux ® RedHat 7.6 - x64
- Google Chrome TM version 68 or newer
Requirements for accessed devices hosting MRS Device Endpoint (former Device Client) as end point for network-to-network access¶
- Device Endpoint (Device Client) can be downloaded from MRS
- Processor: x86 or x64 (Intel or AMD) or ARM64
- disk space occupied by Device Endpoint: 32MB
Validated Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows ® 10 Version 1909
- Linux ® Debian 9 - x64
- Linux® Debian 10 - x86 or x64 or ARM64
- Linux® RedHat 7.6 - x64
- Configuration changes are tracked in audit trail and system logs. Selected changes could be also be propagated via email notifications, which are not available for connection establishment.
- It is recommended to have "Lock Connectivity" targeting an entire site deactivated when working on the related Service Asset to ensure its proper setup.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.
Last update: January 13, 2023