Creating and viewing a Simulation Run¶
Creating a new run¶
To create a new Run for an existing Study, proceed with the following steps:
- In "Product Twin", click "Workbench" and select "Simulation Runs".
- Select the required Digital Twin Definition and Digital Twin Model from the drop-down.
- Click "Create Run".
- From the drop-down, select the Asset, the related Digital Twin Model configured for the selected Asset, and the Study or Studies for which the run should be created.
- Enter the name and description for the new run.
- To execute the simulation, proceed with the following:
- To execute the simulation immediately, enable the "Run Simulation Now" toggle button. Expand the "Simulation" button and select the Start Date and End Date and the start and end time. After creation, this run will be displayed in the "Runs" tab.
- To execute the simulation once in the future, disable the "Run Simulation Now" toggle button. Expand "Simulation" tab and select the "Onetime" radio button. Select the Simulation Start Time, Start and End dates, and From and To time range.
- To execute the simulation at a particular time everyday, disable the "Run Simulation Now" toggle button and select the "Daily" radio button. Select the valid From and Valid until dates from the date picker. Select the Simulation Start Time, From and To time from the drop-down. After creation, this run will be displayed in the "Schedules" tab.
- To execute the simulation on an hourly basis, disable the "Run Simulation Now" toggle button and select the "Hourly" radio button. Select the Valid From and Valid Until dates from the date picker. Select the Simulation Start Time, and the time intervals for which the simulation should be executed from the "Every" drop down menu.
- Click Ok.
- Click "Simulate".
You can Refresh, rerun or delete the run by clicking .
- The application displays an error if the following conditions are not met:
- If the Run name is not unique
- If non-numerical value is entered in nano seconds
- If there is no time-series data to export
- A Run cannot be created if a Digital Twin Instance is not available for a Digital Twin Template.
The created run is displayed in the "Runs" tab.
Viewing charts and reports¶
For any asset configured for a specific Digital Twin template, the Runs data can be viewed in "Workbench" in the "Simulation Runs" tab.
The created runs are listed in the "Simulation Runs" tab of the "Workbench" screen. The runs can be in any of the following states:
On clicking the required run, the run details are displayed.
If the chart type selected is "Grid", the chart will be displayed as shown below:
If the chart type selected is "List", the chart will be displayed as shown below:
In addition, you can Refresh, Download or Rerun the run by clicking next to the specific run.
To delete a run, check the checkbox next to that run and click "Delete runs". It is possible to multi-delete the runs.
You can choose to display the chart based on the parameters selected for Y-axis and the chart type.
It is possible to change the color of the variables selected for Y-axis.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.