Running Scheduled Jobs¶
Navigate to PrL scheduling functionality by selecting Manage Jobs with Schedule from the Model Execution menu on the Predictive Learning (PrL) home page. The top half of the page is where you create a schedule for a job and specify where PrL reads the data from and where PrL is to write the data and other details of the job. In the lower half of the page, a table displays the scheduled jobs along with details about each. The Actions drop-down list for each job allows you to start and/or stop a job, and a details link that you can click to see all of the details for a job.
About Input Types¶
PrL supports input from Data Exchange, IoT, and Data Lake. Here are important details for each of the input sources:
- Data Exchange: select an input and output folder; input folder data is read from the local path of the instance; Job Manager writes the output to the Data Exchange folder you specify.
- IoT Data: select an IoT data export previously defined on the Manage Sources page.
- Data Lake: specify an IDL path defined in the Manage Sources page.
- Predictive Learning Storage: specify a remote sotrage path remote storage path that Job Manager can use for logs, errors, and outputs; these paths can be defined in the 'Managing_Job_Sources.htm'(file title is 'Managing Sources').
About Output Types¶
PrL supports output to Data Lake and Predictive Learning Storage. Here are important details for each of the output destinations:
- Data Lake: select a path previously defined on the Manage Sources page; job manager utilizes that path as a log and stores standard console/error data there.
- Predictive Learning Storage: define a remote storage path that Job Manager can use to logs, errors, and temporary outputs.
How to Schedule a Job Part 1¶
All fields in the Create Schedule feature are required. Follow these steps to schedule a job:
- Select Manage Jobs with Schedule from Model Execution menu on the PrL home page. The Create and Manage Schedules page displays.
- Enter a name for the job you are scheduling in the Name field.
- Select an input type from the Input Type drop-down list.
- Click the Select button in the Model field. The Select Model pop-up window opens.
- Select a model from the list and click Select. The Select Model pop-up window closes.
- Click the Select button in the Input Location field. The input location pop-up window opens.
- Select an input location from the list and click Select. The input location pop-up window closes.
How to Schedule a Job Part 2¶
- Click the Select button in the Environment Configuration field. The Select Environment Configuration pop-up window opens.
- Select an output type from the Output Type drop-down list.
- Enter numbers in the Max Run Hours and Days to run fields.
- Click the Select button in the Output Location field. The Output Location pop-up window opens.
- Select a location and click Select. The Output Location pop-up window closes.
- Click the Change button in the Schedule field. The Configure Schedule Rule pop-up window opens.
- Select a frequency from the Schedule Rule drop-down list and click Apply. The Configure Schedule Rule pop-up window closes.
- Click Create. A success message displays and the job is displayed at the top of the **Manage Schedules* table.*
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.