The Manage Datasets page displays the names of datasets that you own or that have been shared with you.
The Managing Datasets page displays the following for datasets:
- Date created
- Owner's name
- Actions: rename, share, or delete.
Manage Datasets Page¶
This shows the Manage Datasets page:
How to Rename a Dataset¶
Follow these steps to rename a dataset:
- Select Manage Datasets from the Predictive Learning menu. The Manage Datasets page opens.
- Select Rename from the Actions drop-down list in the row of the dataset you want to rename. A dialog box displays the current dataset name.
- Enter a name for the dataset and click Submit. The dialog box closes and the new dataset name appears in the list.
How to Share a Dataset¶
You can share a dataset that you own with any user in your tenant who has access to Predictive Learning. Once a dataset is shared, it appears in the shared-with user's Manage Datasets list. Look at the Owner column to determine whether a dataset was shared with you, or you are the owner. Only owners can share, rename, or delete a dataset.
Follow these steps to share a dataset:
- Select Manage Datasets from the Predictive Learning menu. The Manage Datasets page appears.
- Select Share from the Actions menu for the dataset you want to share. The Share dataset pop-up window opens.
- Select the users that you want to share the dataset with from the Contacts List. The selected users appear in the Shared With Contacts pane at the bottom.
- When you have made all of your selections, click the Share button. A Success message displays and the dataset is shared with the users you specified.
How to Delete a Dataset¶
Use caution about deleting datasets, because, if you delete a dataset that is referenced by a workspace configuration, you will lose access to the dataset and the workspace will not function properly.
Follow these steps to delete a dataset:
- Click Manage Datasets on the Predictive Learning menu. The Manage Datasets page opens.
- Select Delete from the Actions menu on the row that holds the dataset you want to delete. A warning message asks if you are sure you want to delete the dataset.
- Click Delete. The dataset is deleted and no longer appears in the list.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.