Filtering Workspace Data¶
The Filters panel allows you to create and use queries to filter the data before saving it to a dataset.
Filter Query Terminology¶
The Filters panel uses "rules" and "groups" to create queries and filter data. It may help to clarify certain terms used on the Filters panel.
- Rules are the individual expressions that are sent to the query engine.
- Groups organize these expressions so that the And/Or expressions can be applied appropriately. Groups allow you to set parentheses around the rules and expressions so they are executed in the correct logical order.
Additional Filter Operators¶
The query builder uses operators to filter records in various ways. Operators specify conditions in a statement and serve as conjunctions for multiple conditions in a statement. There are currently five operators available in MindSphere Predictive Learning as shown in the following illustration.
Filter Operators Example¶
Operators can be used in conjunction with rules and groups to create complex queries as shown in the following illustration:
Filters Panel Buttons and Icons Descriptions¶
The following table describes the buttons and icons on the Filters panel.
|Button/Icon...||Purpose...||Click this button to...|
|Operator selector||Set the operator for the rule or group. The operator must be consistent within a group.|
|Add rule||Add a row and create a rule for the query.|
|Add group||Add a row and create a group of nested items with a rule.|
|Delete row||Delete the row from the query.|
|Reset Filters panel||Clear all selections and begin again.|
|Cancel transaction||Cancel the transaction, discard all entries, and exit the Filters page.|
|Go to previous page||Go back to the previous tab or page.|
|Move row||Move the row up or down and rearrange the order.|
|Open drop-down list||Open the drop-down list of options to select.|
How to Filter Data¶
Data filtering can include multiple rules and groups. As you make selections in the query builder, the Query field responds to your input and, additionally, you can make changes in the Query field itself. If your syntax is correct, when you click out of the Query field, the query builder updates with the changes.
Follow these steps to filter your data before saving it to a dataset:
- Click the Filters tab on any PrL page, or select Next of the Schema page, to navigate to the Filters page.
- Select an entry from the first field's drop-down list.
- Select an operator from the second field's drop-down list, and enter a value in the third field.
- Select And or Or to specify the relationship between fields.
- Click Add Rule to specify individual data elements to include.
- Click Add Group to specify more than one data element and group them together.
- Click Next or click the Preview tab to view the data with the filters you specified on the Filters page.
Filter Query Example¶
The following illustrates a sample query using the Filter query builder.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.