Creating a Workspace¶
This section explains how to create a new workspace where you can explore and analyze your data, apply transformations, and produce datasets.
You can create multiple workspaces and run analyses simultaneously. Running clusters and analyses in PrL incur costs that accrue against the processing resources provisioned to your organization.
Actions Available on the Manage Analytics Workspaces Page¶
The Workspace page is where you analyze your dataset. On the Workspace page you can:
- Open an existing workspace in the current browser window, or in a new tab
- Save a workspace
- Add an exploration panel
- Add a transformation panel
- View a new dataset
- View a new schema
- View statistics about a dataset
- Save a dataset
Manage Analytics Workspaces Page Illustration¶
This image shows the Launch a Service and Create a New Workspace buttons on the Manage Analytics Workspaces page. When no cluster is running, these two buttons are not active.
Blank Workspace Page Illustration¶
Here's an example of the page that opens when you click the Create a New Workspace button:
How to Create a New Workspace¶
Follow these steps to create a new workspace:
- Click the Predictive Learning icon on the MindSphere Launchpad. The Predictive Learning landing page opens.
- Click the Start Cluster button. When the cluster status changes to "Running", go to the next step.
- Click the Create a New Workspace button. The Create a New Workspace dialog opens.
- Enter a name for the workspace in the Name field.
- Enter an options description in the Description field.
- Click Create. The Workspace page opens and the new workspace name displays in the breadcrumb.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.