Upgrade or downgrade OI plugin¶
The following section describes the procedure to upgrade an OI plugin to a new version without downtime. This procedure is advantageous since the user will be able to access the plugin even during the upgrade.
The plugin can also be upgraded by using the procedure that involves downtime. This procedure remains the same as that for the Cloud Foundry apps. For information on upgrading procedure with downtime, refer to Upgrade a CF application (with downtime).
Upgrade an OI plugin to a new version¶
To upgrade an OI plugin to a new version (without downtime), proceed with the following steps:
- In the "My Applications" screen, select "Operations Insight Plugin" and choose the OI plugin that you want to upgrade to a new version.
- Click "Deployment" tab and deploy the plugin. For information on deploying the plugin, refer to Deploy or undeploy CF applications.
- Click the "Versions" tab and click "Register to Test".
To confirm the update, click "Confirm Update". In the confirmation dialog box, click "Yes".
After confirming the update, you can view the status of each stage of the update in the "Versions" screen.
After the upgrade is completed successfully, the status of the application is changed to "Deployed".
- Two versions of the same OI plugin cannot be used simultaneously.
- If more than two versions of the same plugin are available, then auto-deployment will be enabled only for any two versions of the plugin, and will be disabled for the other versions.
Downgrade an OI plugin¶
In order to re-activate the previous version of a plugin, follow the steps below:
- In the "My Applications" screen, select "Operations Insight Plugin" tab. Select the application for which you want to activate the previous version.
- Click the "Versions" tab and click "Register to Test", and click "Confirm Reactivate".
- In the confirmation dialog box, click "Yes".
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.