Register or Deregister an API app¶
The "Registration" screen allows the user to register or deregister the API app. This section describes the procedure to register the API app.
The API app has to be deployed.
Register an API app¶
The procedure to register an API application is similar for CF and self-hosted applications.
- In the "My Applications" window, click the "API Apps" tab and select the API app that is in the "Deployed" state (with warning symbol) that needs to be registered.
- Click the "Registration" tab. Enter the details in the fields and click "Register".
If the API application is hosted in CF, then the "Registration" screen is as below:
If the API application is self hosted, then the "Registration" screen is as below:
In both CF and self-hosted type applications, the status of the registration process can be viewed.
- It is possible to register only one revision of an API version at a time.
- It is possible to register any number of major versions of an API application at a time.
After the registration is successful, the current status of the application changes to "Registered".
3.You can assign roles for the application using "Settings" documentation. For more information, refer to the "Settings" documentation.
Deregister an API app¶
The procedure to deregister an API application is similar for CF and self-hosted applications.
If the API applications are deregistered without de-registering the dependent applications, the performance of the dependent applications can be affected.
To deregister an API application, proceed with the following steps:
- In the "My Applications" window, click on the "API Apps" tab. Then, click on the application that you want to deregister .
- Click on the "Registration" tab in the side navigation and click "De-register ".
The status of deregistration process can also be viewed in the screen.