Register or deregister CF applications¶
The "Registration" screen provides options for the user to register or deregister a CF application. The display name, abstract and the application icon can also be edited before registering an application.
To view the "Registration" screen for a CF application, click on any application that is in the "Deployed" state, and navigate to the "Registration" tab.
① Registration status of the application
② Application fields required for registering the application
③ Deregisters the application
④ Registers the application
- The application has already been deployed.
- All the dependent API applications have been registered and provisioned.
Register a CF application¶
To register a CF application, proceed with the following steps:
- In the "My Applications" window, click on "UI Apps" tab. Then, click on an application that needs to be registered, that is an application in the "Deployed" state with a warning symbol.
Click on the "Registration" tab from the side navigation. Enter the following details:
Display name: The name entered in this field will be displayed in Launchpad
- Abstract: The short description of the application
- Cache control: The data displayed in this field is retrieved from Developer Cockpit, and is editable. This field specifies the policies for caching the resources in browser.
- Content Security Policy (CSP): The data displayed in this field is retrieved from Developer Cockpit and is editable. This field specifies if the static content is to be loaded in a page, and the duration for which the content is to be displayed.
- License ID: License ID of the Mendix application.
- License Key: License Key of the Mendix application You can also change the application icon by clicking on the "Browse" button.
- For Mendix applications: Enter the "License ID" and "License Key".
- Click the "Register" button.
- If you are trying to register a new version of an already existing application, then you need to first deregister the existing version of that application. A warning message is displayed on the "Deployment" window for the same.
- If two apps with the same appname are assigned to the same operator tenant, and one of these apps is already registered, then you will not be able to register the other app. To register the app, you must deregister the previously registered app. Example: Two developers "DevA" and "DevB" have created apps "app1" with version 1.0.0 and "app1" with version 2.0.0 respectively and have assigned the apps to the same operator "Oper1". Consider that "app1" with version 1.0.0 is already in the registered state. Now, if you want to register "app1" 2.0.0, then you must first deregister "app1" 1.0.0.
The status of registration process can also be viewed in the "Registration" screen.
5.To access the application via Operator tenant Launchpad, add roles for the application. For more information on adding roles for the application, see the "Settings" documentation. 6.To provision the application to dedicated user, refer to the chapter "Provision CF applications". 7.To publish the application in the Industrial IoT Store, refer to the chapter "Offer applications in the Industrial IoT Store".
Deregister CF application¶
To deregister a CF application, proceed with the following steps:
- In the "My Applications" window, click on the "UI Apps" tab. Then, click on an application that you want to deregister.
- Click on the "Provisioning" tab. If there are any customers provisioned for that application, then you need to de-provision them. To de-provision, select the customer and click "Remove from customer".
- Click on the "Registration" tab in the side navigation and click "De-Register". The status of deregistration process can also be viewed in the screen.
- In the confirmation dialog, click "Yes" if you wish to deregister and undeploy the application. Click "No" if you want to only deregister.