Drilling Down Into Discovery Analysis Data¶
One of the most effective tools for identifying root causes of analysis issues is the KPI Analysis drill-down feature for Discovery analyses. Drilling down takes place in the analyses results table.
User interface of the Results Table Actions Column¶
This image illustrates the Actions column. When you click the ellipses in the Actions column, a dialog window pops up, as illustrated below. This dialog pop-up is where you start drilling down into data or viewing the history of KPI field combinations:
User Interface of the Drill Down Pop-up Window¶
This is what the pop-up window looks like when you select the "Drill Down by Field" action; notice that the drop-down list allows you to select any field present in the KPI analysis data source:
About Drilling Down Into Analysis Data¶
Here are some important points to be aware of about drill-down functionality:
- The system applies default labels to each drill down you create, like "Drill Down 1", for example. You can change the name of the drill-down by clicking the edit icon (pencil) next to the drill-down label, as shown in the image above.
- You can select any field that exists in the KPI analysis and drill down into it.
- When you click "Apply" in the Drill-down pop-up window, the drill-down results display in a new tab.
How to Drill Down Into KPI Analysis Data¶
Follow these steps to drill down into KPI analysis data:
- Create or open the monitoring analysis you want to drill-down into. The Analysis Results table displays.
- Locate the row of data you want to drill down into in the Analysis Results table.
- Click the ellipses icon in the Actions column for that row, and select Drill Down by Field. A pop-up window opens in which you can select a drill down field for each data source.
- Select a field to drill down by for each Data Source drop-down list.
- Accept the default label "Drill Down 1" or click the edit icon to enter a different label for the drill down.
- Click "Apply". The Drill Down pop-up window closes and the system displays the analysis results in a new tab
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.