Creating a Simple KPI¶
Illustration of the Create a Simple KPI Page¶
This image illustrates the Create a Simple KPI page:
① Toggle to activate the immediately KPI
② Advanced calculation cycle settings
How to Configure a Simple KPI—General Settings¶
Follow these steps to configure the general settings for a simple KPI:
- Navigate to the KPI list page from the Operations Insight home page. The KPI Configure page displays.
- Click the "Create a simple KPI" link. The Create a Simple KPI page displays.
- If you do not want the KPI to be immediately available, slide the "Enabled" toggle to the left. The Enabled toggle turns gray and displays, "Disabled".
- Enter a value and select "seconds" or "minutes" for the calculation cycle.
- Select the "Use advanced settings" check box to set more specific settings. Additional configuration settings display.
- Select the time range, time zone, and days of the week to run the KPI.
Select a Variable Pop-up Window¶
This image illustrates the pop-up window for time series data. When you select the input asset, its aspects display; when you select an aspect, its variables display.
How to Configure KPI Input Variables¶
Follow these steps to select the input variables:
- If you plan to use an aspect with static variables, slide the "Use Static Variables" toggle to the right. The slider turns blue.
- Click the "Add Input" link. The Select a variable pop-up window opens.
- Select an asset. The asset's aspects display in the next column.
- Select an aspect. The aspect's variables display in the next column.
- Select the input variable you want to use in the KPI.
- Repeat step 4 to add additional input variables, up to five.
- Click "Select". The pop-up window closes and your input selection displays in the Inputs area of the KPI.
If the application doesn't display the variables you expect, try selecting a longer time range from the "Displayed Range"
drop-down list at the bottom of the Variables display.
How to Configure KPI Output Variables and Save the KPI¶
Follow these steps to select the output variable and save the KPI:
- Click the "Add Output" link. The Select a variable pop-up window opens.
- Select an asset. When aspects display, select an aspect.
- When variables display, select the output variable you want to use in the KPI.
- Click "Select". The pop-up window closes and your output selection displays in the Output area of the KPI.
- Click "Save". The KPI is saved and the system displays a Success message.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.