Creating a Dashboard Overview¶
Creating a dashboard takes two to four steps, depending on whether or not you want to 'keep it simple' or take advantage of the data source configuration filters, and widget design options.
The four steps are, in order of use:
- Add the "data sources" you plan to use in the dashboard. Refer to Adding Data Sources to Dashboards for more information.
- Drag "widgets" onto the design space. Refer to Adding Widgets to Dashboards.
- Optionally "configure the data source" with filters, dates, variables, etc. Refer to Configuring Data Sources Overview.
- Optionally "design your widget" with color, labels, positioning, legend, borders, etc. Refer to Design a Widget tab.
Icons on the Dashboard Page¶
The dashboard user interface contains navigation links on the left side of the page, a central space that holds widgets, and tabs on the right for adding and configuring data sources and designing widgets.
There are two banks of icons at the top of the design space:
- The center bank of icons (highlighted in "light red") applies to the widget you select.
- The bank of icons toward the right at the top of the design space (highlighted in "blue") are for quick actions like, adding, saving, deleting, and sharing dashboards.
- The three icons at the far right (surrounded in "light blue line") open panels where you can add and configure data sources and design widgets.
Illustration of the Dashboard Page Icons¶
This image illustrates the Dashboard page with notations showing which parts of the dashboard (widgets, data sources, or entire dashboard) the action icons apply to, as discussed above.
① Opens Help documentation
② Add Data Sources
③ Configure a Data Source
④ Design a Widget
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.