Adding Additional Filters to KPI Component Fields¶
The option of adding additional filters to a KPI fields allows you to focus the KPI on very specific data. You can add filters when you create the KPI or later, via the editing functionality.
KPI Formula Illustration¶
Here is an example of the KPI formula canvas that shows the component-level filtering functionality:
① Click the filter icon to add filter settings to the component field
② A KPI component is made up of a function (for example: count), and input label (example: in1), a field from the data, and optional filters.
Applying Additional Filters to KPI Component Fields¶
You can use all the data from the input you select or, if you want to use only some of the data, you can add additional filters to include or exclude specific values or a range of values.
Filter Icon and Add filter Pop-up Window Illustration¶
When you click the Filter icon inside a KPI component, the Add filter pop-up window allows you to configure the additional filters by selecting a variable and measure, and entering a value.
Here is an example of the Add filter pop-up window:
① Indicates the type of the data used in the duration field
Filters added in the Add filter pop-up window apply to only the KPI component in which you click the Filter icon.
How to Add Additional Filters to a KPI Component and Save the KPI Analysis¶
Follow these steps to add a filter to a KPI component:
- Select a field from the Variable drop-down list. The Add Filter pop-up window opens.
- Select = or ≠ from the Measure drop-down list.
- Enter a value. The filter is set and the +Add another filter link displays. Repeat as needed.
- When finished, click Apply. The Add filter pop-up window closes. The number of filters added to the KPI component display next to the filter icon.
- If you do not want to make the KPI available to others, click to clear the Make KPI Active check box. The system overrides the default setting and makes the KPI inactive.
- Refer to "Applying Additional Filters to KPI Component Fields" for step-by-step instructions on adding optional filter(s) to the KPI fields or, if finished, proceed to the next step to save the KPI.
- Click "Save" to finish creating the KPI. The system displays a Success message.
Refer to Adding an Analysis to an Advanced KPI to see the step-by-step instructions for adding an analysis to your KPI.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.