Overview of onboarding MindConnect Software Agent¶
This chapter describes the initial configuration of an asset and MindConnect Software Agent in order to onboard MindConnect Software Agent to MindSphere. Onboarding is the process of attaching a MindConnect Element to MindSphere. And also, it describes the process of connecting industrial data sources to MindSphere using MindConnect Software Agent.
To establish the initial connection between MindConnect Software Agent and MindSphere (onboarding), you have to configure the essential asset and MindConnect Software Agent data. For onboarding the full configuration is not required, although you can accomplish all steps using Asset Manager.
The respective data to be configured for onboarding is described in the following procedure.
- MindConnect Element is connected to the Internet and powered on.
- The connection cable for the Internet is correctly plugged into the Ethernet port for the Internet (MindSphere).
- MindConnect Element is connected to asset or plant network.
- You have received the link to the MindSphere UI with credentials (user and password data).
- A customer account is created.
- You have the role "mdsp:core:TenantAdmin". The user roles are set in Settings.
- MindConnect Software Agent is installed on Windows 10 system which supports Hyper-V and also can be installed on Linux systems which supports Docker.
Prepare MindConnect Element To prepare your MindConnect Element for MindSphere V3, you have to update the firmware for boxes that were already connected to MindSphere V2 (SAP). For devices connecting to MindSphere region China 1, the MindConnect Software Agent firmware should be V18.104.22.168 or higher.
In order to onboard MindConnect Software Agent, follow these steps:
- Login to MindSphere.
- Creating an asset for MindConnect Software Agent
- Onboarding and Installing MindConnect Software Agent
- Enable connection to MindConnect Software Agent
- Configuring data in Asset Manager
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.