Importing data source configurations with datapoint mapping for MindConnect Software Agent¶
To receive the data from MindConnect Software Agent, add a data source with corresponding datapoint mapping. You can also upload a file for faster import of the configuration or download the template file.
The prerequisites to configure the data sources are:
- Asset and aspect are created.
- MindConnect Software Agent is connected.
- Prepare a file to import according to the following guidelines.
- Check the structure in the template file. It differs for each plugin type.
To import the data source configuration for an asset of the type MindConnect Software Agent, follow these steps:
- In the "Assets" tab, select the asset.
- Click MindConnect Software Agent plugin.
In "Datasource Configuration" view, click "Import" to import a file.
In the "Import File" tab, browse the data source configuration file and click .
- To check the format of the data configuration file before importing the configuration, download the template file by clicking download template.
- The template file consists of an example data configuration with datapoint mappings. In the below given screenshot, the information related to data source and datapoint declarations for S7 and it can switch to each protocol from the bottom of the file (e.g S7, OpcUa, modbus-tcp, etc).
- "Export" option makes the user to export the existing data source configuration of an asset, where the existing data source configuration is exported as file and can be imported to overwrite or add to the existing configuration.
- The supported protocols for import and export configurations are S7, OPC UA, Modbus-TCP, Rockwell, System, FanucFocas, S7+, Sinumerik, IEC61850, MTConnect and BACnet.
- For OPC UA Data source, configurations like OPC UA security certificates need to be added manually and are not supported via export and import.
- For IEC61850 Data source, configurations such as SCD file need to be added manually and are not supported via export and import.
① Data source configuration information
② Datapoint mapping information (optional)
5.To delete and add new data configuration, select "Overwrite existing configuration" or to add new data configuration to the existing data configuration, select "Add to existing configuration".
6.Click "Start import".
- If there are validation errors while importing, the user needs to resolve all the errors to complete the import. User can refer to "errors" for resolving errors in excel sheet.
- If the values for datasource Import and Export are not specified during import replace the values by default values. For the list of default values, refer to Default values for datasource Import and Export.
Data source configuration are imported with mapped datapoints. The new data sources is available in the asset details of MindConnect Software Agent. Datamapping is available corresponding to the datapoints.
- Asset name needs to be unique in the environment. If multiple assets are with the same name in the environment, then the datapoint mappings may have discrepancy.
- Asset needs to be available before importing the configuration. Asset will not be created during import configuration.
- Datapoint name needs to be unique in excel sheet across data sources and protocols.
- Datapoint mapping of a datapoint with multiple variables of multiple assets is not supported.
- Importing of datapoint mappings is an async process.
Limitations of Import feature¶
The limitations of Import feature are,
- Refreshing the browser page during import will interrupt the import process.
- Ensure reading cycle has integer values before importing.
- Double-check the hysteresis values as per the data type.
- For boolean fields, any values other than true will be imported as false.
- Non mandatory fields will be imported as blank in case fields are not specified.
- Validate that the Asset, Aspects and variable exists in the tenant.