Adding a data source for MindConnect Software Agent¶
To receive the data of your MindConnect Software Agent you need to add a data source. The data source specifies the protocol and reading cycle that is used to transfer the data from your asset to the MindConnect Software Agent. Within the data source, you enter the IP address of the asset inside of your network.
- You have created an asset and an aspect.
- You have enabled the connection to the MindConnect Software Agent.
- You have the IP address of the asset inside of your network.
To add a data source to an asset of type MindConnect, for example: "Generator", follow these steps:
- Select the asset in the "Assets" tab, for example: "Wind turbine".
- Click on the asset icon, for example: "MindConnect Software Agent".
In the Data Configuration view, click "Add New Datasource" and select the datasource to add a new datasource.
- The default reading cycle is 1 minute, which is one day.
- You can find additional information on supported protocols in the chapter Overview of supported protocols for MindConnect Software Agent.
4.Enter the Data source parameter.
You have now created a new data source. The new data source is available at the asset details of your MindConnect Software Agent.
The following graphic shows the data source added:
Cloning of Datasource¶
Clone of datasource creates a copy of datasource (including copy of datapoints). User needs to provide new name for datasource.