Overview of onboarding MindConnect Nano¶
This chapter describes the initial configuration of an asset and MindConnect Nano in order to onboard MindConnect Nano to MindSphere. Onboarding is the process of attaching a MindConnect Element to MindSphere. And also, it describes the process of connecting industrial data sources to MindSphere using MindConnect Nano.
To establish the initial connection between MindConnect Nano and MindSphere (onboarding), you have to configure the essential asset and MindConnect Nano data. For onboarding the full configuration is not required, although you can accomplish all steps using Asset Manager.
The respective data to be configured for onboarding is described in the following procedure.
- MindConnect Element is connected to the Internet and powered on.
- The connection cable for the Internet is correctly plugged into the Ethernet port for the Internet (MindSphere).
- MindConnect Element is connected to asset or plant network.
- You have received the link to the MindSphere UI with credentials (user and password data).
- A customer account is created.
- A standard USB device with a single partition in FAT or FAT32 is formatted for MindConnect Nano only.
- You have the role "mdsp:core:TenantAdmin". The user roles are set in Settings.
Prepare MindConnect Element To prepare your MindConnect Element for MindSphere V3, you have to update the firmware for boxes that were already connected to MindSphere V2 (SAP). For devices connecting to MindSphere region China 1, the MindConnect Nano firmware should be V188.8.131.52 or higher.
You can find more information in chapter Manual firmware update of MindConnect Element Nano.
In order to onboard MindConnect Nano, follow these steps:
- Login to MindSphere
- Creating an asset for MindConnect Nano
- Enable connection to MindConnect Nano
- Configuring network settings.
- Transferring configuration to MindConnect Nano
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.