Importing data source configurations for MindConnect Nano¶
To receive the data from MindConnect Nano, add a data source with corresponding datapoints. You can also upload a file for faster import of the configuration or download the template file.
The prerequisites to configure the data sources are:
- Asset and aspect are created.
- MindConnect Nano is connected.
- Prepare a file to import according to the following guidelines.
- Check the structure in the template file. It differs for each plugin type.
To import the data source configuration for an asset of the type MindConnect Nano, follow these steps:
- In the "Assets" tab, click asset. For example, "Wind turbine".
- In "Connectivity" section, click MindConnect Nano plugin. For example, "MindConnect Nano".
- To configure the data source, click "Configure your data sources" or "Enter edit mode" if the data source is already created.
- To import a file, click "Import configuration".
5.If any validation errors are found in the configuration file, they are displayed in the warning section along with the detailed explanation of their location within the configuration file including the respective column name.
- To check the format of the data configuration file before importing the configuration, download the template file by clicking download template.
- The template file consists of an example data configuration. In the below given screenshot, the information related to data source and datapoint declarations for S7 and it can switch to each protocol from the bottom of the file (e.g S7, OpcUa, modbus-tcp, etc).
- The supported protocols for import and export configurations are S7, OPC UA, Modbus-TCP, Modbus-RTU, Rockwell and System.
- For OPC UA Data source, configurations like OPC UA security certificates need to be added manually and are not supported via export and import.
- In the event of failed datasource validation, the datasource and the datapoints of datasource is skipped. However, if the error is on the datapoint level then the respective datapoint is skipped.
6.Click "Save" to save and configure MindConnect Nano.
Data source configuration are imported. The new data sources will be available at the asset details of MindConnect Nano.
To view the mapped datapoints, click "View Datamapping".