Overview of onboarding MindConnect IoT2050 in Web UI¶
MindConnect IoT2050 provides a local web UI to perform all necessary steps to onboard the device with an asset.
MindConnect IoT2050's web interface¶
If the current IP address of MindConnect IoT2050 device is unknown, log and system files should be retrieved by using the USB stick command.
The log and system files .tar.gz files are copied to the USB stick which contain a settings file with the current network configuration. Usually, the IP address of
eth0 is used to open the local MindConnect IoT2050 in a web browser UI.
Excerpt from settings file:
ifconfig: eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1450 inet 192.168.0.191 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 inet6 fe80::5e4d:84ae:7400:a21 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link> ether 8c:00:11:16:8a:06 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet) RX packets 1111 bytes 171742 (167.7 KiB) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 1498 bytes 331160 (323.3 KiB) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0
In this sample, MindConnect IoT2050's web server URL is
Overview in Web UI¶
In Web browser, the following screen will appears after entering the URL (example:
It is highly recommended to open MindConnect Software Agent's local UI in one browser window/tab only.
On the left side there is a menu to navigate between the different areas:
In MindConnect IoT2050 status card displays the availability on all areas and shows current system information:
- Serial number of the device
- Onboarding status
- Network status
- Data source connection status, after a data source configuration is configured in Asset Manager and downloaded to the device
- Current firmware version
- Onboarding status, network status, and data connection status displays the current status of the device like they are displayed by the LED states of MindConnect IoT2050 device.
- This information is not the same as displayed in Asset Manager.
MindConnect IoT2050 overview are provides following information:
- Onboarding status pane with direct link to onboarding area (only visible, if device is not onboarded).
- Current network status pane.
Supported browser languages¶
In MindConnect IoT2050's Web UI, the following browser languages of are supported:
- English (default)
You can open the onboarding area by clicking "Onboard your device" link in MindConnect IoT2050 overview area or by using the "Onboarding" entry in the navigation menu on the left side.
The serial number section provides the serial number to copy and paste it to the serial number field during the asset configuration in asset manager.
Onboard with file¶
In “Onboarding” page, the exported configuration file from asset manager can be selected and click "Start onboarding" button to start onboarding.
Onboard with JSON content¶
It is also possible provide the configuration data directly as JSON input by clicking "Insert JSON input" and paste the JSON configuration data into the opened dialog. Thereafter, start the onboarding by clicking the "Start onboarding" button.
The status of the onboarding/configuration process will be shown in the "Configuration status" section.
- If the network settings are changed by the new configuration data like a new IP address is updated, then the MindConnect IoT2050's web UI web browser must be opened again by using the new IP address of the system.
- Configuring the new device configuration will take some time, if the network configuration is changed.