Overview of IEC61850 protocol for MindConnect IoT2050¶
IEC61850 defines an architecture to meet the needs of electrical substation automation. It defines a data model and the communication services for the interaction with and between the elements of a substation such as feeders, breakers, protection devices, etc.
The following image shows the data source input window for the IEC61850 protocol:
In order to connect a IEC61850 device, you need to select the IEC61850 protocol and enter the following data source parameters:
|SCD File||Choose a valid SCD file. It contains the connection details (IP address, server name, access point) and the data (logical nodes, data types, data points, …). The SCD File must have a valid extension: *.xml, *.zip, *.tgz, *.tar.gz.|
|Server Name||Name of the Intelligent Electronic Devices (IED) must match to the SCD file.|
|Access point name||Name of the access point must match to the SCD file.|
- The IED name within the SCD file must be set to “Industrial IoT Client” or to the serial number of the device.
- Server Name and Access point must match with the data in the SCD file. It is necessary for a double check of the configuration.
IEC61850 data point parameter¶
The following image shows the data point parameter window:
The following table shows the parameter of the IEC61850 data point window:
|Datapoint Address||The browse string, as defined in the SCD file. Example: |
|Type||The following datapoint types are supported: |
|Type Transformation||For the above datatypes, the following transformation types are available (see also table below): |
- int: INT8, INT16, INT32, INT64, UINT8, UINT16, UINT32;
- long: INT8, INT16, INT32, INT64, UINT8, UINT16, UINT32, BITSTRING, TIMESTAMP;
- double: FLOAT32, FLOAT64, INT32, INT64, UINT8, UINT16, UINT32, BITSTRING, TIMESTAMP;
- boolean: BOOL; - string: OCTET_STRING64, VISIBLE_STRING64, VISIBLE_STRING255, TIMESTAMP
|Data Acquisition Mode||The following modes are supported: |
READ (spontaneous / reports),
READ and WRITE