Manual firmware update of MindConnect IoT2050¶
To prepare your MindConnect IoT2050 for Insights Hub version, please follow the next two steps:
- Load new firmware on your MindConnect IoT2050
To update the firmware via Local Webserver URL, see Device Maintenance
Load new firmware on your MindConnect IoT2050¶
- Download the firmware ZIP file from Siemens Industry Online Support Page.
- Unzip the firmware on your local machine.
- Copy the unzipped files to a USB stick.
- Insert the USB stick into the MindConnect IoT2050 and wait until the firmware update is complete.
- Update carried out: ERROR LED flashes orange
- MindConnect IoT2050 reboots
- MAINT LED flashes orange for a few seconds
- RUN LED orange (not connected to Insights Hub)
- Disconnect the USB stick.
Once the firmware update is completed, wait until the MindConnect IoT2050 restarts automatically and starts the boot procedure. Once LED USER1 stops blinking orange, wait for one more minute so that the system gets stable.