Importing data source configurations for MindConnect IoT2050¶
To receive the data from MindConnect IoT2050, add a data source with corresponding datapoints. You can also upload a file for faster import of the configuration or download the template file.
The prerequisites to configure the data sources are:
- Asset and aspect are created.
- MindConnect IoT2050 is connected.
- Prepare a file to import according to the following guidelines.
- Check the structure in the template file. It differs for each plugin type.
To import the data source configuration for an asset of the type MindConnect IoT2050, follow these steps:
- In the "Assets" tab, click asset. For example, "Wind turbine".
- In "Connectivity" section, click MindConnect IoT2050 plugin. For example, "MindConnect IoT2050".
- To configure the data source, click "Configure your data sources" or "Enter edit mode" if the data source is already created.
To import a file, click "Import configuration".
- To check the format of the data configuration file before importing the configuration, download the template file by clicking download template.
- The template file consists of an example data configuration. In the below given screenshot, the information related to data source and datapoint declarations for S7 and it can switch to each protocol from the bottom of the file (e.g S7, OpcUa, modbus-tcp, etc).
- The supported protocols for import and export configurations are S7, OPC UA, I/O shield, Modbus-TCP/RTU, Rockwell, System, FanucFocas, S7+, Sinumerik, IEC61850, MTConnect and BACnet .
- For OPC UA Data source, configurations like OPC UA security certificates need to be added manually and are not supported via export and import.
- For IEC61850 Data source, configurations such as SCD file need to be added manually and are not supported via export and import.
① Data source configuration information ② Datapoint mapping information (optional)
5.Click "Save" to save and configure MindConnect IoT 2050.
Track the errors or warnings from “Import Configuration” or “Export Configuration”.
Data source configuration are imported. The new data sources will be available at the asset details of MindConnect IoT2050.