Automatic firmware update of MindConnect IoT2050¶
In Asset Manager, the firmware of your MindConnect IoT2050 is updated by both manually and automatically. If the auto firmware update option is enabled, MindConnect IoT2050 is automatically updated with the new version when it is released.
- If the system is already updated with a new version available for the device and the auto firmware update option is enabled later, MindConnect IoT2050 will be not triggered to update the previous released version. Auto firmware update will work only for further releases.
- If the auto firmware update is enabled, manual firmware update operation is not allowed.
- If the firmware update job is in progress triggered by the auto firmware update, then "Cancel" button will be activated. By clicking "Cancel" button, the ongoing operation will be interrupted and cancelled. If an auto firmware update trigger is cancelled, it will not be tirggered again for the same firmware release.
To perform auto firmware update, follow these steps:
- Select the asset in the "Asset" tab.
- Open the MindConnect plugin.
- Click next to "Firmware" on the button .
- Click on “Auto FW Update” checkbox in “Firmware Settings” section.
- Accept the terms and conditions for all releases.
- Click "Save" button to save the changes.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.