Replace the backup battery¶
This section provides the information to replace backup battery of the device IoT2040.
- The device is disconnected from the power supply.
- A replacement battery with the article number A5E34345932 is available.
To replace back-up battery of the MindConnect device IoT2040, follow these steps:
- Open the cover on the right.
- Pull the plug of the battery cable from the motherboard.
Remove the battery from the battery box, replace the battery and plug in the battery cable on the motherboard and close the cover on the right.
Risk of explosion and release of harmful substances
- Improper handling of lithium batteries can result in an explosion of the batteries.
- Explosion of the batteries and the released pollutants can cause severe physical injury. Worn batteries jeopardize the function of the device.
When handling lithium batteries note the following:
- Replace the battery every 5 years.
- Replace the lithium battery only with the type recommended by the manufacturer. The article number is A5E34734290.
- Do not throw lithium batteries into fire, do not solder on the cell body, do not recharge, do not open, do not short-circuit, do not reverse polarity, do not heat above 100°C and protect from direct sunlight, moisture and condensation.
Disposal of batteries and rechargeable batteries
- Batteries and rechargeable batteries do not belong in domestic garbage. The user is legally obliged to return used batteries and rechargeable batteries. - Used batteries and rechargeable batteries pollute the environment as special waste. User is liable to prosecution if you do not properly dispose of batteries and rechargeable batteries.
Observe the following when disposing of batteries and rechargeable batteries: - Dispose of used batteries and rechargeable batteries separately as hazardous waste in accordance with local regulations. - You can return used batteries and rechargeable batteries to public collection points and wherever batteries or rechargeable batteries of the type in question are sold. - Label the battery container "Used batteries and rechargeable batteries".