Recipes are pre-built "Orchestrated" or "Point-to-Point Integration" templates that can be used to create an integration. Recipes are based on the most common integration needs and can significantly reduce the effort required to build an Integration. A recipe includes associated assets, for example applications, operations, reference data, and so on, that are used to create an integration. A detailed description of the recipe along with its assets is available for preview, which helps you to select the right recipe.
All integrations created from recipes are initially copied to the development stage.
To view recipes, proceed as follows:
- From the MindConnect Integration navigation bar, click "Recipes". The recipes screen appears. By default, recipes for all applications and for all integration types (Orchestrated and Point-to-Point) are displayed. The recipes screen also displays the number of times each recipe has been used to create integrations and the applications referenced in the recipe. If there are more than two applications referenced in the recipe, the recipes screen also displays the incremental number.
- From the recipes screen, for a recipe, click "Preview" to see a view-only mode of the integration details of the recipe.
- From the recipes screen, for a recipe, click "Details" to view a detailed description of the recipe and the references in the "Recipe Details" screen.
To use recipes, proceed as follows:
- From the recipes or recipe details screen, click "Use" if you want to apply the recipe to create a new integration. The Connect to Applications screen appears. Depending on the number of integrations referenced in your recipe, a message is displayed at the top of the screen. You will be asked to configure all integrations in your recipe one after another.
- In the Connect to Applications screen, select the "Account" for each application or create a new account, and then click "Next". The Overview and Save Integration screen appears.
- In the Overview and Save Integration screen, provide a name and description for your integration. By default, the recipe name and recipe description is displayed.
- Click "Finish". If you have existing references ("Reference Data", "Document Types", and custom "Operations") with the same name in the development stage, the Copy References screen appears. Click "Cancel" to go back to the Overview and Save Integration screen. By default, all references are selected in the Copy References screen.
- Deselect the references that you do not want to replace and then click "Continue" to replace or overwrite all the selected references from the recipe in the development stage. The Integration details screen appears for the newly created integration.