MindConnect Hardware Release Notes¶
- MindSphere provides a highly reliable system, however the MindConnect can be affected by system internal incidents.
- The MindConnect system sends data into the MindSphere. If the data provider (e.g. OPC server) is not available a value "0" with a bad quality code will be sent up. To see the quality code in the IoT model it is necessary that the quality code is always turned on at the creation of aspects.
- We recommend to use an OPC UA server as data source with a certificate.
- For a connection to MindSphere Region China 1 the MindConnect Nano/IoT2040 has to have a firmware V3.3.00.04. or higher.
With this release, a new MindConnect gateway is available. The MindConnect IoT2050 is released. This device is capable to read S7, Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, EtherNetIP, System Adapter and IO-Shield. Beside that it can also run as Edge Analytics Engine. Also, MindConnect Advanced Drivers Extension is available an that device. This enables the possibility to read S7+, Sinumerik PL, MT Connect and IEC61850 and a local webserver would be available to simplify the onboarding and diagnosing.
- IO shield read is limited to digital inputs
- Modbus RTU: RS422 / 485 devices are not supported
- Buffer behavior: "Chronologic upload" is not supported
- After the network is reconfigured it can take some time until the data can be read again
- Edge Analytics is not part of the first release
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.
Last update: November 22, 2022