Onboarding MindConnect Elements¶
This chapter describes the initial configuration of an asset and MindConnect Elements (MindConnect Nano, MindConnect IoT2040 or MindConnect Software Agent) in order to onboard these MindConnect Elements to Insights Hub. Onboarding is the process of attaching a MindConnect Elements to Insights Hub. And also, it describes the process of connecting industrial data sources to Insights Hub using MindConnect Software Agent.
To establish the initial connection between MindConnect Elements and Insights Hub (onboarding), you have to configure the essential asset and MindConnect Elements data. For onboarding the full configuration is not required, although you can accomplish all steps using Asset Manager.
The respective data to be configured for onboarding is described in the following procedure.
- MindConnect Elements is connected to the Internet and powered on.
- The connection cable for the Internet is correctly plugged into the Ethernet port for the Internet.
- MindConnect Elements is connected to asset or plant network.
- You have received the link to the Insights Hub UI with credentials (user and password data).
- A customer account is created.
- A standard USB device with a single partition in FAT or FAT32 is formatted for MindConnect Nano/IoT2040 only.
- You have the role "mdsp:core:TenantAdmin". The user roles are set in Settings.
- MindConnect Software Agent is installed on Windows 10 system which supports Hyper-V and also can be installed on Linux systems which supports Docker.
Prepare MindConnect Elements
To prepare your MindConnect Elements for V3, you have to update the firmware for boxes that were already connected to V2 (SAP). For devices connecting to Insights Hub region China 1, the MindConnect Elements firmware should be V22.214.171.124 or higher.
In order to onboard MindConnect Elements (MindConnect Nano, MindConnect IoT2040, MindConnect IoT2050 or MindConnect Software Agent), refer the below documents:
- Overview of onboarding MindConnect Nano
- Overview of onboarding MindConnect IoT2040
- Overview of onboarding MindConnect IoT2050
- Overview of MindConnect Software Agent