MindConnect IoT Extension allows to retrieve configuration data and store and manage it in a "Configuration repository". The configuration data contains the parameters and the initial settings of your device.
Configuration snapshots help you, for example, to apply the same configuration to multiple devices as described below.
In the "Configuration repository" page which you open from the "Management" menu in the navigator, all available configurations are listed. Each entry shows the configuration name, the description of the configuration, the device type, and the configuration type.
① Firmware option in the navigation menu
② Display area
③ Tools menu
Adding a configuration snapshot¶
To add a configuration snapshot , follow these steps:
Click “Add configuration snapshot” at the right of the top menu bar.
In the resulting dialog box, enter a unique name.
- In the “Device type” field, enter a device type. The device type can be found in the “Info” tab of the target device.
- Optionally enter a description for the configuration.
- Enter the configuration type, for example “ssh”.
- Specify the configuration snapshot file by either uploading it from the file system, specifying a URL from where the configuration snapshot can be obtained or choosing a file.
- Click “Add configuration”. The configuration snapshot is added to the configuration repository.
Managing a configuration snapshot¶
To edit a configuration snapshot, click on the menu icon at the right of the row and then click “Edit”. Click “Update configuration” to save your changes.
To delete a configuration snapshot, click on the menu icon at the right of the row and then click “Delete”.
To download the latest upload file, click on the menu icon at the right of the row and then click “Download”.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.