Introduction to Events¶
The events overview is used to display different types of events related to your IoT data.
Events can have multiple source points.
- They can be created manually while analyzing conspicuous measuring points in a graph.
- They can be created automatically while monitoring your IoT data via the Rules or API.
- They can be created by your MindConnect elements directly on the device to log important timestamps.
- They can be created by other applications to indicate important events or findings.
In the event overview, a table displays all events available in the tenant from different sources. Additionally, filtering functionality helps to find the specific events.
Events are only shown for the configured time to live of the related event type, after that they will automatically be deleted.
MindSphere Standard Events¶
The Events extension will show MindSphereStandardEvent type as the default.
This event type provides the following properties:
|Severity||Describes the severity of the event. |
For more information, refer to the table below.
|Asset Name||Name of the Asset.|
|Timestamp||The timestamp when this event occurred.|
|Description||A description of what happened in this event.|
|Source||The source of the event - like "manual event" or another application or device.|
|Acknowledged||A Boolean value which indicates the state of this event, if a user has already acknowledged this event, or if this is a new event. |
- New events have acknowledged state "false"
- Acknowledged events have state "true"
The severity is an integer value with the following meaning:
- Some devices or applications might provide a different number for special uses cases. In this case, only the number instead of an icon is displayed.
- Events with Annotation has the specific event type as "Insights HubAnnotation".
- Events from shared assets can only be displayed, but not acknowledged, updated or deleted.