Advanced KPIs are highly configurable and, in addition to being able to use time series, non-time series, and aggregated data stored in the Integrated Data Lake or Internet of Things (IoT) databases, here are some of the main features of advanced KPIs:
- Input fields are depicted in the KPI calculation as "in1", "in2", "in3", and so on.
- You can add up to five input fields by clicking the Add Input link at the top of the Calculation section or in the KPI formula, circled in red in the illustration below.
- Input fields can serve in the numerator or denominator (up to 3) and you can drag them to where you want in the KPI formula.
- Click the operators to cycle through options (+, –, *, /) between components; you can also click the operator in front of the first input field to change the value to negative.
- The following operations are supported in KPI formulas:
KPI calculations are made up of:
- Aggregation selection (average, count, max, min, sum)
- Filters that you apply to the component inputs
KPI Component Functionality¶
This example shows the KPI formula inputs, aggregation selection, the field or variable drop-down list, and the filter icon which allows you to filter which data will be calculated in the component:
For IDL data sources, the Output field is supplied by the system and cannot be edited.
How to Create an Advanced KPI¶
Follow these steps to create an advanced KPI:
- Select the "Create an Advanced KPI" in the KPI overview page. The "Create an Advanced KPI" page displays.
- Select the "Time Series" or "Data Lake" radio button.
- Enter the "Name" and the 'Description" for the KPI.
- Click the "Add Input" button. The data source selection pop-up window opens. For "IDL" KPIs input, select the "Folder" and "File". Use the Folder and path field to search for a folder and to select a file.
For the "Time Series" KPIs input, select the "asset", "aspect", and "variable" and click "Select".
Continue adding KPI input fields (up to five) by repeating step 4 until you're finished.
How to Add the Output Field to the KPI Formula¶
If you select Integrated Data Lake in Step 2, above, the system populates the Output field for you, and it is not editable; therefore, skip this section.
If you select Time Series in Step 2, follow these steps to add the time series output field to the KPI:
- Click the "Add Output" link. The data source selection pop-up window opens.
- Select the "asset", "aspect", and "variable" for the KPI. This variable are created while configuring the asset in Asset Manager.
- Click "Select". The pop-up window closes and your selection appears in the Calculation Inputs fields, as well as in the Formula builder.
- Click "Save" button if you are finished configuring the KPI, otherwise proceed to the next topic, Applying Optional Additional Filters to KPI Components.