Viewing the Combination History for KPI Analysis Fields¶
A powerful feature in KPI Analytics is the ability to view the history of particular field combinations in a discovery analysis.
About Combination History Analyses¶
For any row in a KPI Analysis results table, you can look at the history of field combinations. Here are some points to be aware of when running a combination history analysis:
- When you select combination history, the results open in a new tab.
- The row you select from the results table determines the KPI filters that display.
- Discovery analysis settings affect combination history results as follows:
- Date range selected in the original analysis is applied to the combination history.
- The attributes of the selected row are included in the drill-down results.
- Rolling date type (daily, monthly) does not affect the results grouping.
- Group by date settings from the analysis configuration are retained.
- For discovery analyses, the group by field setting is replaced by group by month.
- The filters and other selections in a combination history are editable.
Combination History Analysis User Interface¶
This is an image of the analysis results table which shows the Actions pop-up window that opens when you click the ellipses.
How to Run a Combination History Analysis¶
Follow these steps to run a combination history analysis:
- In the analysis results table, locate the row you want to run a combination history for.
- Click the ellipses in the "Actions" column for that row. The available actions display.
- Click "Combination History". A dialog box displays and contains a drop-down list for each of the data sources in your analysis.
- Select a "field" for each of the data sources.
- Accept the default label, or enter a new "label", and click "Apply". The dialog closes, and the combination history displays in a new tab.