Configure a new PLC Streaming Interface Data Source¶
The following steps will lead you through the process of configuring the data source “PLC Streaming Interface”.
An S71200 or S71500 with a configured SW ION library and FB
- The needed SW ION can be downloaded from: Software IONs for CMS X-Tools V 5.0 and Insights Hub Edge Analytics.
- For a detailed description of how to configure the SW ION library for an S7 project, refer the manuals available on the page link given above.
Prepared edge device within Edge Analytics:
- Individual structure has been created within the "Configuration" section
- Activated edge device
To configure the data source, proceed as follows:
Open the "Edge Device" section and select the edge device.
Select "Resources" in the main selection.
- The individual created structure within the navigation appears.
Select a folder within the navigation.
Click on the button to add a new data source.
- In the configuration area, the available data sources appear.
Select the data source "PLC Streaming Interface".
- In the configuration area, the new edit window appears.
Enter a name and description in the "General" area.
In the area "Settings" add the following entries as needed:
- IP address
- Command Port
- Data Port
In the "Data" for each data that is transferred from the S7 Project within a byte buffer, drag and drop the needed data source type from the Context Bar.
Define the name, unit, and byte offset to determine from which bytes in the receiving buffer the values shall be read for this particular data.
In case the byte offset is chosen wrong, this can lead to a wrong data reading.
Select the data entry within the table of data and within the context, bar defines the data reading format (endianness) and the source data type, if needed.
To save the configuration, click "Save".
You have created a new configuration for a PLC Streaming Interface data source.
If you want to edit the configuration again, select the newly created entry in the selection list and click "Edit" in the configuration area.