Configure a new MQTT data source¶
The following steps will lead you through the process of configuring the "MQTT data source".
- Prepared Industrial Edge device within Edge Analytics:
- An individual structure was created within the "Configuration" section. See Creating individual structure.
- Activated the edge device.
- Industrial Edge Data Bus App has been installed and configured for usage.
- Industrial Edge SIMATIC S7 Adapter has been installed and configured with data.
To configure the data source, proceed as follows:
Open the "Edge Device" section and select the edge device.
Select "Resources" in the main selection.
The individual created structure within the navigation appears.
Select a folder within the navigation.
Click on the button to add a new data source.
The available data sources appears in the configuration area.
Select the data source "MQTT Data Source".
The new edit window appears in the configuration area.
Enter a name and description in the "General" area.
Select a Data Model and drag-drop from the Context Bar to the Data Source Drop Zone.
In the area "Settings", add the following entries as needed:
In the "Data" section for each data which shall be read, drag-drop the needed data source type from the Context Bar.
Define the data name, tag name, unit, and acquisition cycle.
Click the "Save" button in order to save the configuration.
You have created a new configuration for a MQTT Data Source.
If you want to edit the configuration again, select the newly created entry in the selection list and Click "Edit" in the configuration area.