Working with MindSphere¶
This part of the Getting Started provides you with a brief summary of instructions described in detail in this manual.
- Internet connection and newest version of your internet browser (e. g. Google chrome or Firefox) for online user interface
- Internet connection for MindConnect Element devices.
- Provide standard HTTPS capabilities for MindConnect Elements - outbound HTTPs connection(s) on port 443
- Link to the online Launchpad with user and password data as supplied by Siemens
- Device (PC, tablet etc.) with minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
Prepare MindConnect Elements for MindSphere:
- Mount MindConnect Nano/IoT2040 on your physical asset.
- Connect MindConnect Elements to power supply and the Internet.
Onboard MindConnect Elements:
- Log in to your MindSphere account.
- Configure your asset and MindConnect Element which is mounted to your physical asset.
- Configure network settings of MindConnect Elements and proxy as needed to establish Internet connection to MindSphere.
- Upgrade to the newest firmware version.
- Establish the initial connection (onboarding) by transferring the configuration manually by USB stick.
Configure data collection with Asset Manager¶
- Log in to MindSphere with your account.
- Create an asset in Asset Manager.
- Configure the data points you want to use.
- MindConnect Elements receives the configuration from MindSphere via an existing Internet connection.
- MindConnect Elements starts the data acquisition.
- The timeseries can be displayed in Fleet Manager.
Visual analysis of assets with Fleet Manager¶
- Monitor assets in different views.
- Monitor aspects and events.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.