The Factory Twin application helps to define and manage the mappings between physical assets and virtual model representations.
It enables the physical and virtual model mapping and connection to different enterprise applications with the platform, by using a connector. The enterprise application capabilities can be exposed as services, which another application can consume. It also allows you to configure the model for simulation and run it using operational data of an asset. This application provides a secure communication channel between the platform and enterprise applications.
The data collected using the MindConnect portfolio can be brought in the virtual world in a controlled and contextualized manner. This application provides connectivity and service using which, you can build closed loop applications that can run simulation models with the existing simulation tools.
This application provides standard interfaces to collect the time series, events information, etc. from MindSphere and send it to a variety of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) objects for modelling, simulating, analyzing, visualizing and optimizing the systems, processes and operations. The PLM objects includes simulation and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) model.
Factory Twin enables a cross domain view of the operations of a business including production, processes and overall plant/product performance. This view combined with information from upstream design, planning, developing applications, systems and processes and provides a holistic view of a product or an asset.
By comparing what happens in the real world and what is designed in representations of the real world, engineers can gain insights to improve the product's design, production and operation. This enables engineers to analyze the status of the designed products.
The Factory Twin and the other applications enable you to build the key Digital Twin connection between the physical model and the corresponding virtual model through the complete product development life cycle by exchange of time series data.
The Factory Twin application has the following features:
- Easily connect the production facility’s IoT data with its simulation model and visualize it in action in 3D
- Perform production replay by channeling IoT data to the simulation model. Use all existing Technomatix Plant Simulation™ libraries as diagnostic tools.
- Map IoT data to simulation parameters for easy bi-directional data exchange between MindSphere and simulation model.
- Transform IoT data using unique and reusable transformation recipes to calculate machine KPIs
- Perform What-IF analysis by building different recipe configurations
- Calculate machine KPIs and other important metrics like MTTR, MTBF, etc.
- Calculate distribution characteristics (probability distribution) of machine KPIs for accurate simulation modelling. Identify the best fitting distribution.
- Schedule recurring headless simulations and automatically imports result back in MindSphere
The Factory Twin application has the following benefits:
- Perform production replay in 3D for granular insights into shop floor
- Manage Bottlenecks, maximize resource utilization
- Achieve sustainability demands. Reduce energy usage and costs
- Increase production throughput of the plant. Reduce time to value
- Perform What-if Analysis. Validate new machine/line, reuse production system across product generations
- Achieve predictable launches. Predict production capacity.
Purchase Factory Twin¶
You can use the Factory Twin application by purchasing the following offering:
- MindSphere Premium Capability Package
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.