The developers can create and manage applications within the platform and use various services. The MindSphere capability packages excludes Cloud Foundry compute resources for developing applications using various capabilities packs.
Before subscribing to the MindSphere capability packages, you can start your journey with various basic applications in Start for Free Capability Package. Later, you can upgrade the package to the next level. In Start for Free and MindSphere capability packages, "Cloud Foundry" feature is not activated. To activate the Cloud Foundry feature, you need to buy the Add-on pack.
Overview of Developer Cockpit¶
Developer Cockpit provides a workbench to create apps and custom-built solutions. It helps developers to create, host and manage the registered applications on the platform. By registering your application, the application will be made available via a MindSphere URL and enable you to test your own application in the MindSphere context.
Functions and benefits¶
Developer Cockpit provides the following functionalities:
- Create an application with multiple components and corresponding endpoints.
- Overview of developed applications.
- Configure applications, e.g. "Application Icon" or "Display Name".
- Secure applications at the endpoint level and manage application specific roles.
- Test environments are provided depending on the package selected, before promoting it to an operator.
- Promote and transfer applications from developer to an operator.
The following prerequisites must be fulfilled in order to access Developer Cockpit:
- Access Start for Free to own your free tenant
- Subscription MindSphere capability packages
- Login to MindSphere capability packages Launchpad
- Role: mdsp:core:Developer or mdsp:core:DeveloperAdmin assigned via Settings application
MindSphere capability packages¶
The following mentioned packages are the MindSphere capability packages:
- Start for Free
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.