The Application Lifecycle depicts the workflow from the development of an application until the productive use of an application.
The Application Lifecycle describes the correlation between the developer and the IoT tenant/end customer user.
The following graphic depicts the Application Lifecycle with the respective processes:
① Develop an application:
- The developer develops the application in the local environment
② Register and test the application:
- The developer creates the application in Developer Cockpit
- The developer provisions the application to the test environments
- The developer handover the application to operators
③ Sell and provide the application:
- The operator receives the application from Developer Cockpit
- The operator registers the application to make it available on his environment
- Operator Cockpit publishes the application in Industrial IoT Store or can assign the application to other users
④ Purchase and use the application:
- Any Industrial IoT capability package owner can make a subscription for applications from Industrial IoT Store
- After the application is provisioned by the operator, it will be available on the environment
- API applications can be provisioned to other operators.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.
Last update: April 4, 2023