Create an asset¶
All new assets are based on a type.
- For connecting MindConnect Elements you can use the core types.
- To configure your custom asset, you have to create your own type with the required aspects and variables. Subsequently you can derive your customized asset based on type.
- The classification information is only shown if an asset is derived from BasicDevice. The classification of an asset cannot be changed afterwards.
- The time zone cannot be changed after the creation of the asset.
You can find more information about types in chapter Using types.
In order to create an asset, proceed as follows:
- Click "Assets" in the navigation area.
- To create a new asset click "Create asset".
- Select the respective asset type for your new asset, from the drop-down.
- Enter a name and description for the asset.
- Enter the location details.
- Upload the appropriate icon for your asset by clicking "Choose".
- Click "Save".
The new asset is now available in the selection list.
Last update: November 21, 2023