Nodes in Industrial IoT¶
Introduction to Industrial IoT nodes¶
Industrial IoT nodes are specific nodes for processing data. The Industrial IoT nodes are only available within the Visual Flow Creator component.
Visual Flow Creator groups the Industrial IoT nodes into the following categories:
- Industrial IoT nodes There are two types of Industrial IoT nodes. You can use the Industrial IoT in nodes to read data, such as time series, to a flow. Industrial IoT out nodes are used to write the data using services.
- Function nodes These are programmable and user defined nodes which can be customized to perform different functions.
- Analytics nodes The analytics nodes prepare the time series data read out from Industrial IoT with analytics methods.
- Storage nodes The storage nodes provide functionalities to access MongoDB or Postgres databases.
- Array nodes These nodes represent function methods like filter, map, find and reduce for arrays.
- Simple anomaly nodes These nodes to detect anomalies in a data set.
- Integrated Data Lake nodes These nodes allows you to store structured and unstructured data/ objects in its native format as needed.
- Semantic Data Interconnect (SDI) nodes These nodes provides a simple way to prepare data for establishing semantic correlations and data query processing.
- Signal Validation nodes These nodes validates sensor time series data of an entity.
- Pump-Simulation node These nodes allows to generate the time series data of a pump.
- IIoT Dashboard nodes The dashboard allow you to build, create and interchange dashboard nodes and default dashboard nodes in one single dashboard.
- Visual Explorer nodes These nodes allows to create custom visualizations of your data.
- Simatic Notifier node These nodes allows to integrate with Simatic Notifier application.
- Predictive Learning (PRL) nodes These nodes combines analytics, statistics and machine learning algorithms to provide unmatched insight into trends in your data.
- Dashboard nodes These nodes provide a set of nodes for reading, visualizing and analyzing data on a live dashboard.
- Custom nodes The custom nodes helps to design and deploy your own customized nodes if any of the required nodes are not available in Visual Flow Creator.
- Rules are configured by a specific user and thereafter, these rules are executed in a system context for the entire environment.
- With this, the user access to specific assets is managed by the rule is restricted at the later point of time. The rule will be executed irrespective access restrictions of the user. This an intended system behavior.
Last update: May 3, 2023