Example to integrate AWS Athena tool with Integrated Data Lake¶
This is an example to integrate AWS Athena tool with Integrated Data Lake after enabling cross account access.
Procedure to integrate AWS Athena tool¶
To integrate AWS Athena tool with Integrated Data Lake, follow these steps:
- Open AWS Athena tool.
Create the table in Athena
① Click to create table
② Choose the option "from S3 bucket data"
Add the details related to database, table and input data.
- Database: Select the existing database or create a new by selecting "Create a new database".
- Table Name: Enter the table name.
- Location of Input Data Set: Path provided to access while configuring the cross account accesses.
Location of input data set would look like
"s3://+<<storage account>> + <<storage path>>and path should end with '/'. For example:
- Storage Account = datalake-prod-a-starter-576071197214
- Storage Path = data/ten=starter/Brewery/Lobrau/Europe/Netherlands/Amsterdam
- Location of Input Data Set = s3://datalake-prod-a-starter-576071197214/data/ten=starter/Brewery/Lobrau/Europe/Netherlands/Amsterdam/
Select "Data Format".
File uploaded in the Data Explorer should be .csv file.
Add column name and column type corresponding to the data in the .csv file.
Click "Create Table".
The table is created successfully and now you can query the data in AWS Athena. To query the data, follow the below steps:
① Select the table from the database
② Specify the table name in the query as database.tablename
③ Columns of the table
④ Click to run the query
⑤ Query result
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.