Notification for New Arrival of Timeseries Data¶
Currently, to fetch Time Series data, an Insights Hub application would have to query all Asset instances, compare the timestamps, find the latest Time Series data and update the application. This would involve multiple requests through Industrial IoT Gateway which is expensive, not optimal or customer friendly.
With subscription based notification, 3rd party applications will get notified by Insights Hub on new Time Series data arrival for concrete Assets & Aspect combination in a time range of 1 minute. This mechanism enables customer when to poll the Time series data. Moreover this improves the usability of Insights Hub Services and user experience for the developers.
To create and publish App for consuming Timeseries data arrival notification, refer to How to Subscribe to notifications from Insights Hub for new data arrival
Subscription based notification is not applicable for Private Cloud.
- The underlying messaging service may bring nomanclature/version changes in near term; which may need changes and adaption in customer application. The subscription notification functionality provides notification on data arrival and not the actual timeseries data.
- Notification is at granularity of environment level. Currently granular notification at asset, aspect or asset attribute is not supported.
- Only API type Mind-apps which are hosted behind Industrial IoT Gateway can access notifications.
- Message Broker API
- Provisioning API
- What is notification level in asset model?
- The notification will be available at environment level. We also provide aspect type information in the application payload.
- What is the time interval of notification?
- The time interval of the notification is 1 minute.
- Can customer get delayed notification?
- Yes, in case any Industrial IoT component is non-operational.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Development License Agreement.