Notification for Asset Model Changes¶
With subscription-based notification, the 3rd party applications can now integrate subscriptions to topics related to Asset Model. Such applications would be then able to receive notifications when there's a change in Asset Model. Applications can respond with desired actions upon receiving a notification such as using 'GET aspect by ID API', 'GET asset type by ID API' or 'GET asset by ID API' to fetch more details about the respective asset model object if required. This feature enables developers to build optimized interactions in the applications and make them performant. Moreover, this improves the usability of MindSphere Services and the user experience for the developers. This mechanism enables customers when to poll the Asset Model data.
The notification will be received on the following changes to Asset Model objects:
- Create Aspect Type
- Update Aspect Type
- Change description
- Add variable on aspect type
- Remove variable from aspect type
- Rename variable on aspect type
- Change unit on aspect variable
- Change default value on static aspect variable
- Delete Aspect Type
- Create Asset Type
- Update Asset Type
- Change description, image on Asset Type
- Rename Asset Type
- Add Asset Type direct variable
- Rename Asset Type direct variable
- Change unit on Asset Type direct variable
- Change default value on Asset Type direct variable
- Change length on Asset Type direct variable of type STRING
- Delete Asset Type direct Variable
- Create Aspect on Asset Type
- Remove Aspect from Asset Type
- Rename Aspect on Asset Type
- Delete Asset Type
- Create Asset
- Update Asset
- Change asset name, description, and location
- Change or override the default value of the direct asset type variable
- Change or override the default value of the static aspect variable
- Delete Asset
- Move Asset
To create and publish App for consuming Asset Model notifications, refer to How to Subscribe to notifications from MindSphere for Asset Model change
- The underlying messaging service may bring nomenclature/version changes in the near term; which may need changes and adaption in the customer application.
- Message Broker API
- Provisioning API
- What is the notification level in the Asset Model?
- The notification will be available at the tenant level.
- What is the maximum number of asset model resource information per notification?
- The notification will be real-time on an Asset Model change and will be a single message per action.
- Can customers get delayed notification?
- Yes, in case any MindSphere component is non-operational.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.